I am a craftsperson. I am never as happy as I am when I create something. It can be a scarf, a quilt, a re-touched photo. I like to make things that please other people. Now, is this art? I don’t know. Not really, I suppose.But I want to reach people by making beautiful things. And I hope reaching people that way is art. Or at least a level of self-expression that can bring me peace and satisfaction. For the next year, I have rented space to see if I can make this dream a reality. Anyone who wants to come along for the ride is welcome, and anyone who’s been there, done that, or has advice, is welcome to share their thoughts with me.
- Quilting bluesI’m too herky-jerky with the quilt sandwich. Gotta get smooth.
- (no title)Getting back into some collage.
- OrchidOrchid design with watercolor pencils. Need to be more mindful of edges.
- PoppiesTrying to be loose with watercolor. Learning to bring the water out more. Also need to be more patient when it comes to letting the watercolor dry between layers.
- WaitingWaiting for a car repair and got a little painting done. Worked with watercolor pencils and a water brush. Three options. I like them all.