Finally finished Dancing Dragons. This quilt is all me 🙂

The background fabric is muslin dyed with Jacquard Dye-Na-Flo (Cerulean, Azure, Emerald Green, splashed about, then sprayed with water to make them run, finally wrung out to remove water and finalize the blending.)

The lilies, the pads, and the dragonflies are all painted with Lumiere paints.

The quilting is random, but I hope it feels like eddies in the water around the lily pads. It’s the most heavily quilted piece I have ever done, and it was quilted by hand. Dye-Na-Flo (used the way I did, at least) is super-easy to quilt through. No problems at all. The Lumiere is a bit more difficult, but still quite possible. (Of course, I didn’t quilt the dragonflies — I wanted them to pop out a bit.

So here are my dancing dragons.

Dancing Dragons

dragonfly

dragonfly

Dancing Dragons
Advertisements