Today I finished a quilted wall hanging. The focal fabric was actually the cloth I used to clean up brushes and pots (and even the table) after I silk-painted (see last entry). Now, I’m not going to say that I didn’t move the fabric around to get the color combinations just right, but it was still–technically–a rag. (Please note: This worked because I painted the silk with Dye na Flo, which works with both silk and cotton.)

I love it when I can recycle AND make beautiful art.

The focal fabric is bordered by a hand-dyed burgundy fabric. The quilting was done using a nice variegated thread. The piece is 17×30 inches.

Wall painting made from the waste of another piece.

Advertisements